Posted by https://heartbeetkitchen.com/2019/recipes/springtime-broccoli-crunch-salad/
© 2019 Heartbeet Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- 10 spears of asparagus, cut into 1 inch diagonal pieces (woody ends removed)
- 1 medium head of broccoli, stems mostly removed and cut into florets
- 1 package Diamond Nuts Heirloom Nut & Fruit Blend, Marcona Almond Variety
- 1/4 cup each, chopped parsley and basil
- 2 green onions, white and green parts
- zest of one lemon
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 cup full fat greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Bring a pot of boiling, salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes, then blanch in an ice water bath for 5 minutes. Drain asparagus, and dry off as best you can with a kitchen towel.
Add to a large bowl with the broccoli, Marcona almond blend, herbs, green onions, and lemon zest.
To make dressing, whisk mayo, yogurt, vinegar, honey salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust if needed. Pour dressing onto vegetables, and stir to thoroughly coat. Refrigerate for one hour, then serve.