Posted by https://heartbeetkitchen.com/2016/recipes/type/dessert/incredible-flourless-almond-butter-cookies/
© 2016 Heartbeet Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Incredible Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
I recommend using a size 40 cookie scoop for this. It makes the best size cookies, and helps them keep their shape. Worth it for so many cookie recipes, to keep them consistent!
- 135 grams brown sugar (3/4 cup, lightly packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 175 grams almond butter (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (+ additional coarse salt for sprinkling)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet (make sure it is not a super dark sheet) with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and egg until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla extract, then the almond butter and until smooth and completely incorporated; you shouldn’t be able to see any ribbons of almond butter It will start to pull away from the sides, and come to a free form glob that holds its shape. (This is kind of like play-doh)
- To get those pretty marks on the top and keep the tall height, pop the bowl of dough in the freezer for 15 minutes, covering lightly with a cloth. (Make sure it's in a ball so the edges don't freeze way before the middle) Remove and scoop dough onto cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the dough balls lightly with coarse-grained sea salt just before baking. Bake for 18 minutes on middle rack, until lightly browned on the edges and glossy on top (if you use smaller scoop, bake about 15 minutes). When finished, cookies should be golden at edges. Let set on the sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a cooling rack. Let these mostly cool before eating so the different textures (crisp outside, soft inside) can set up.
- Store in covered container and enjoy!