I’m struggling to write this post today, day-dreaming of love as Valentine’s Day is near, and a getaway to Belize with my beau on Monday. A much needed vacation for just the two of us, and I can’t wait to explore and wander with him. With the anticipation, this Sparkling Fruit Salad with Avocado has given me a taste of sunshine, but quite frankly, I’m ready to drink in all those real rays on the beach.
In between packing and tying up lose ends, I’ve picked out a few restaurants I want to check out, Mayan ruins I want to dig into, and a cacao farm that I hope to make my own chocolate bar at. But most of all what I’m looking forward to is being next to him, a tropical drink in hand, feeling grateful for this journey we’ve paved together.
Love has so many different looks, definitions…… many times no words do it justice. But what he brings to my life is the most genuine version of love I’ve ever known. And once I was able to start truly loving myself this past year, I was able to give that back to him. I know there’s a lot of talk about this self-love thing, but damnit if it isn’t powerful, and true.
I’m so grateful going to sleep every night knowing that he’s my biggest supporter, best friend, confidante….. And I’d do anything for him, dream big with him, go anywhere with him.
Some day I know we’ll have the hobby farm we’ve talked about for hours on end, but for now we’re off to Belize to make more memories, the kind that last forever. xo
About this juicy, sparkly, fruit salad – it’s fresh and flavorful, even in the dead of winter. You could make it with any combination really, but I find the zingy punch of the grapefruit segments (I just posted step-by-step photos of how to do that easily) and sweet blueberries to be mighty fine partners. I added avocado for its creaminess, and along with hemp + chia seeds, the three combine in the name of healthy fats. A light drizzle of maple syrup and the crunch from the seeds bring it together, giving it healthy shine and bling. Enjoy, my friends!
*Also, if you want to follow my Belize adventures, you can find me here on instagram, and snapchat as heartbeetkitchn.
- 1 large grapefruit, cut into segmented (here’s [url href=”https://heartbeetkitchen.com/2016/recipes/type/breakfast/how-to-segment-a-grapefruit-the-easy-way/” target=”_blank”]step-by-step photos[/url] on how to do that)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B42KQ8O/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00B42KQ8O&linkCode=as2&tag=heartkitch-20&linkId=4QHSKMIH7ARE4JCN” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]hemp seeds[/url]
- 2 tablespoons [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AH7OU8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B009AH7OU8&linkCode=as2&tag=heartkitch-20&linkId=7I2FGLTUKHVJ5BWD” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]chia seeds[/url]
- Arrange fruit and avocado in two bowls, then drizzle each with 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, and 1 tablespoon chia seeds. Serve cold.
This blog is supported by the use of Amazon affiliate links. Should you purchase something via those links, I may make a small commission. Thank you for reading!